SAP APO Online Training
SAP APO Online Training, Globus Training Provides SAP APO Online Training with real time experienced consultants from the Globe. We also provide certification Oriented SAP APO Online Training
SAP APO Online Training Overview:
Learn SAP APO Online Training by our SAP SCM Experts
SAP Advanced Planner and Optimizer is a component of the mySAP Supply Chain Management solution that you use for planning and optimizing supply chain processes at a strategic, tactical, and operational planning level.
SAP APO is an acronym for SAP Advanced Planner and Optimizer. This is a large component of SAP’s New Dimension products.There are eight application levels within SAP APO :
Network design, supply network planning, demand planning, production planning and detailed scheduling, transportation planning and vehicle scheduling, global availabilty and supply chain collaboration.
There are total 8 applications in SAP APO Online Training which include the
Network design, demand planning, supply network planning, production planning, scheduling, transportation planning, supply chain collaboration, global availability and vehicle scheduling.
The main benefits of SAP APO are :
1. It provides an end to end solution where all the key processes are linked together such as the supply chain management and the production planning.
2. Each and every minute application is linked together and it starts from order generation to making the production plan and the transportation.
3. It is not a standalone application and therefore it requires an ERP system as the backend and SAP R/3 for execution.
4. The R/3 environments communicate with SAP APO through the Core interface and the data is transferred between backend and frontend. The real time data and the data of production, sales and supply management is transferred from one system to other and it does not require a batch processing for processing the requests.
5. The APO functionalities are offered for demand planning, production planning, detailed scheduling and supply network planning.
The modules in SAP Advanced Planner and Optimizer (APO) are Supply Chain Cockpit, Demand planning, Supply Network Planning, Global Available to Promise, Transportation Planning and Vehicle Scheduling, Service Parts Planning, Production Plan and Details scheduling
SAP APO online Training Course Curriculum:
Basics of SAP APO
Basic SAP GUI Navigation
Introduction to APO
Why is APO required ?
Basics of scenarios in other modules that require APO
Transfer of Requirements from SD
Historical Demand data
Traditional Planning in PP
SAP Demand Planning
- Overview of demand planning concepts and data structures
- Integrating SAP R/3 information structures with SAP APO InfoCubes (transferring aggregated historical data to SAP APO)
- Defining the planning levels for creating aggregated plans
- Generating master data (characteristics combinations and proportional factors)
- Configuring Demand Planning using planning areas, Planning Object Structures, planning books and macros
- Generating your own alerts using macros
- Collaborative Demand Planning (customer and manufacturer exchange data over the Internet)
Demand planning using statistical forecasting, causal analyses, and composite forecasting
- Mass processing of planning activities in the background
- Releasing the Demand Planning results as planned independent requirements to Supply Network Planning and Production lanning and
- Detailed Scheduling.
SAP Supplier Network Planning
- Overview of supply-chain planning (SNP) with SAP SCM(APO), integration with Demand Planning (DP) and Production Planning (PP/DS)
- Exchange master and transaction data with SAP ECC
- Create master data for Supply Network Planning Product interchangeability
- Configure Supply Network Planning and interactive planning using planning areas, planning books and macros
- Cooperative supply planning (data exchange of requirements between manufacturer and supplier over the Internet)
- Integrated exception management in the alert monitor
- Discuss the different planning methods: heuristics with capacity comparison, optimization, Capable-to-Match, VMI and aggregated planning.
- Plan alternative resources and finite supplier constraints Cross-plant safety stock planning
- Deployment: convert stock transport requisitions into feasible stock transfer orders. Optimize the short-term replenishment schedules for distribution centers and customers
- Transport Load Builder (TLB): summarize transfers by threshold values for volumes, weight and pallets.
- Delimitation to SAP SCM Transport Planning (TP/VS)
Production Planning & Detailed Scheduling ( SAP PP/DS )
- Creating a sales order in the SAP ERP Central Component with availability check in SAP SCM (APO)
- Selecting the inspection method
- Representation and configuration of the basic methods in SAP SCM (APO): Product availability check
- Product allocation
- Representation and configuration of the enhanced methods in SAP SCM (APO): Combining basic methods
- Rule-based availability check (product, location,– and production process model substitutions)
- Calling up production as part of the availability check in SAP APO (Capable-To-Promise and Multilevel ATP Check)
- Backorder processing in SAP SCM (APO)
SAP APO CORE INTERFACE (CIF)
- Architecture of the integration of ERP systems with SCM (APO) system (business system groups, logical systems, target systems, RFC destinations)
- Selection of the master data and transaction data to be transferred (generation of integration models in the APO Core Interface), and the transfer of the selected data (activation of integration models)
- Transfer of master data as an initial data transfer and as a change transfer (transfer from SAP R/3 of plants, distribution centers, customers, vendors, materials, work centers, routings, bills of materials)
- Transfer of transaction data as an initial data transfer and as a change transfer (stocks and orders from SAP R/3, as well as the retransfer of planning results to SAP R/3).
- Monitoring and error handling for the transfer (application log, qRFC monitor)
[toggle_container keep_open=”false” initial_open=”1″]
SAP APO Online Training Interview Questions:
Where do you define Info-objects?
Info-objects comprise of?
What is Administrator Workbench is used to create and manage?
What are the different types of data in liveCache?
what is the difference between Storage Bucket Profile and Planning Bucket Profile?
How can you setup two grids in the Planning Book / Data View?
What can be sources of data in the time series keyfigure?
What is the use of ex-post forecast in Uni variate Statistical Forecasting?
What are the types of Key figure aggregation in terms of characteristics/Calc Type?
What are the types of Key figure aggregation in terms of time?
Where do you maintain key figure aggregation?
What are aggregates?
What is the difference between planning characteristic and navigational attribute?
What are selection profiles used for?
What are the different ways of creating CVCs?
How many levels does a macro have?
What are the different types of standard macros?
When is the exit and default macro executed?
What is process chain and how is it used in Demand Planning?
what is an Infospoke? Where do you find the configuration in BW Admin Workbench?
what is the basis of creation of planning books and data views considering background job performance?
Where do you set the level at which a DP background job activity has to execute?
How can you setup custom alert types for DP and SNP?
what is the difference between Dynamic and Database alerts?
Where are database alerts stored (table name)?
What is realignment and explain the process?
What is cannibalization group?
What are the different forecast error measures and which is most preferred?
What are the different types of key figures you can use in a Planning Book?
What is planning version and planning area initialization?
What is the master data in APO Demand Planning?
what is meant by Release of Demand Plan to SNP?
How do you create proportional factors? What is the standard key figure for Proportional Factor?